On days like these, one walks to work in flip flops, drinks cappuccino on ice and eats Overnight Oats with lime juice. That makes you feel alive and awake – not only after a tropical night in Hamburg. For an even fresher taste you can use yogurt instead of curd cheese which will make you eat less protein though. I need that protein for my easy summer workout: Because in contrast to the Elbe beach the gym is air-conditioned and definitely not crowded today…
For one portion you need
- 5 tbsp rolled oats (50 g)
- 100 ml milk
- ½ lime, its juice
- 100 g low fat curd cheese (Greek yogurt)
- 50 g strawberries
- 50 g blueberries
- Mix the juice of ½ a lime with milk and let the oats soak.
- Seal the jar and put in fridge overnight.
- Pour the curd cheese over the oats. If you like, you can add some water or milk to the curd cheese to make it creamier.
- Then add the strawberries and blueberries to the jar.
Nutrition facts per portion
- Calories: 369 kcal
- Protein: 23 g
- Total fat: 9 g
- Total carbohydrate: 46 g