A passion fruit or maracuya does not really become prettier as it ripens. Other fruits, such as strawberries, attract attention with their vibrant colors- in this case red- while the passion fruit just gets wrinkled. But just as the –not really pretty turkey – maracuyas have inner values. Top priority is the taste and its intensity. A few grams are enough to give any meal the typical ‘maracuya taste’. It also contains more than 2 grams of protein and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Combined with curd cheese (Greek yogurt, 0,2%) and nectarines these Overnight Oats become a protein bomb.
For one portion you need
- 5 tbsp rolled oats (50 g)
- 5 tbsp milk (50 ml)
- 1 maracuya
- 2 tbsp low fat curd cheese (Greek yogurt, 0,2%)
- 2 nectarines
- Put one nectarine, milk, pulp and seeds of half a passion fruit in a mixer and add the puree to the oats in a jar.
- Mix the curd cheese (Greek yogurt) with the second half of the passion fruit and put it on top of the oats.
- Cut the second nectarine in pieces and add to the jar. Put in fridge overnight.
Nutrition facts per portion
- Calories: 417 kcal
- Protein: 23 g
- Total fat: 6 g
- Total carbohydrate: 62 g